Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 39, Hitting a trough here, people

So, does anyone here want to guess just how hot it was yesterday (and probably today) while I was going through my exercises?

Go ahead and guess.

Do you give up? It’s not 87. Or 93. Nope. Get ready for it everybody, drumroll please...

110 degrees. Are you a celcius person? Well then it was 43 degrees.

Hmm, as a fahrenheit person working out in 43 degrees celcius sounds like it wouldn’t be difficult at all, enjoyable really after you get going and warmed up. That would be the difference between the U.S. and the rest of the world, right? Blame the schools, people.

Anyway, it’s getting to closer to the beginning of the fire season in California and that only means one thing: pretty soon the atmosphere above the Inland Empire here will soon ignite turning this place into a hellish volcano of a place to try and live in. It makes me groan just sitting here thinking about the full workout that tomorrow is going to bring with all of its jumproping, resistance band training, and all of the other exercises that Day 1 consists of.

Frankly, it almost makes me want to not do anything but sit under a fan in my underwear eat strawberry popsicles and watching nothing but movies all day. Hmm, is it bad if that doesn’t sound like a bad idea regardless of the oppressive heat during the afternoon? Possibly not, I’m sure those ups and downs are totally a part of the project and it’s totally understandable to have them, heck, I’m sure it’s actually a sign that things are going well with me body and the project and how I’m handling everything. I know that sounds odd but I can’t honestly expect every single day of this project to be a total walk in the park, piece of cake thing, that would be completely unreasonable to expect something like that. I think if I ever get to that point then I need to take a step back from everything and reevaluate how my body and, more importantly, my mind is handling everything.

So it might be 110 degrees out today and probably will be for the rest of the week it is that time of the year I should expect it to be a bit tougher. The hardest thing to do now is not think about how nice it is for Patrick to be working out in his 75 degree weather with nice, cooling rain otherwise my spirits may sink a little bit, dripping off of me like my body weight in sweat will be dropping off of me today when I’m in the thick of my workout.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay positive Sean! Just think if you are ever in a mood to trek the Arizona or the Sahara this will be the heat conditioning you need! The cold will fear you!

Sean said...

I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever find myself taking a journey across the Sahara; I'll be able to look back on these days with sweaty nostalgia.

How interesting (and downright wrong) that will be.

Patrick said...

I blame Al Gore for all this...