Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 35, Back on track

It feels mighty good, I must say. If you’ll all remember on Sunday I was feeling pretty disappointed with myself for not having been able to complete my daily exercises that previous Saturday after judo class because of my lingering injuries.

Well, I’m happy to proclaim that as of yesterday that has no longer been an issue for me. Might I say,”Whoo-hoo!” I did a little personal rebuilding the last few days so that when yesterday rolled around I would be able to come back with a mighty vengeance and knock that exercise program down a few notches with my powerful, newly developed muscles. Ironic, I know, since the exercise program was what has given me those newly developed muscles, but whatever.

Anyway, I was able to knock my way through those exercises easily since I gave my body time and room to heal the way it needed to. I’m glad now that I did that despite how tough it was to stick with it and not do any of those exercises. It was pretty difficult, let me tell you, to fight against myself and my desire to push past those injuries in spite of the pain but it was the right thing to do. I see that now and I’m hoping I’ll be carrying that knowledge with me, well, forever. You should listen to your body, it never lies.

Those Day 2 exercises are pretty grueling, though, not so much for the fact that they’re particularly difficult (they are tough but not overly impossible) but because they’re so new. I’ve not ever had to do any “Rowing” or “Lawnmowers” or “Leg-ups” until yesterday and I was in for a big surprise. I felt very good immediately after the workout and that feeling carried me through to the late afternoon, right about until my dinner, when I became pretty fatigued. It almost took me down for the count. Lately I have been feeling tired at that time because of the amount of time in between lunch and dinner and now with this brand new set of exercises, well, let me just say that last night was a struggle to get through without passing out in the middle of the karate floor.

But I’ll get used to it because I want to and my body is still very resilient even if I do whine about my troubles a lot. It will only make me stronger, and that’s what this whole thing is all about, now isn’t it?

3 comments:

Patrick said...

You'll get used to the Day 2 stuff. In fact, I had to give up lawnmowers after 2 months because I was too good at them and wasn't getting anything out of them. Then you'll get a shiny new exercise that you will hate even more. Lucky you!

Sean said...

Whoo-hoo?

Corry said...

SO glad you feel so well Sean, that's fantastic. HATE being injured, you handled it well, listened to your bod and rested. Good job. Have a super weekend!