Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 29, Another minor physical annoyance

They just keep coming, don't they?

I’ll make this one short since I need to get up and at ‘em with these exercises of mine and, given the annoyance, these exercises will probably take a bit longer than usual...

Which also leads me to my topic for the day, drum roll please...

My left shoulder is bugging me to no end. Now this is a bit of an old, um, I don’t want to call it injury because I don’t remember ever actually injuring that particular shoulder anytime in the past (unless when I injured it I injured it so badly that the resulting pain completely blacked out the incident from my memory. Wouldn’t that be interesting?). It’s bugged me in kung fu class whenever we went through our drills that required us to keeps our arms raised or rotate the shoulder frequently and it became noticeable yesterday during my jumproping as my hands twirled the rope around over and over for those four sets of three consecutive minutes.

I’d guess at first that it’s just a strained muscle but it’s been a common occurrence for the last six months or so and it’s getting to the point where it’s almost distracting. I’ll be doing my best to take it easy on that shoulder during my exercises today and especially for the new workout plan coming soon from Patrick. I’m not entirely sure what to do about the discomfort it causes when I jumprope, perhaps a slower spinning speed but I honestly don’t want to get to that point since it won’t feel like I’m getting as good of a workout as I do at full speed.

Off to muscle building and sculpting. In the meantime, any suggestions, my fair readers? It would be greatly appreciated, especially now that we’re going to really be getting into the nitty gritty of the PCP.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Stretch that shoulder out, man. Google "Cow Face" and "Eagle" poses.

My bet is that it's a repetitive strain injury from karatedo. Do you punch a lot of mitts?