Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 31, There are no words...

Day 1

Continuous Jumprope (5 x 3 mins)

Chest Dips (6 x 8)

Push Ups (6 x 20)  

Rear Chest Flys (6 x 20)

Biceps Curls (6 x 20)

Outer Biceps Curls (5 x 20)

Standing Shoulder Fly (5 x 20)

V-sits (5 x 25)

Half Plank (4 x 45secs)

Day 2

Continuous Jumprope (5 x 3 mins)

Chin-ups (6 x 6)  The fingers curl over the bar away from you.  If they curled pointing back to you it would be a pull-up.

Rowing (6 x 15) Anchor the band about a foot off floor, sit on your rear, and make a rowing motion.

Lawnmowers (5 x 15)  With the band anchored at the same point as the rowing, stand, take both handles with one hand, and pull back as if you were trying to start a lawnmower.  Repeat on the other side to make one set.

Bench Dips (5 x 10)

Small Base Pushups (5 x 15)  Place your hands close together, just under the shoulders, and do a pushup.  This will work the triceps.

Triceps Extensions (5 x 15)

Forward Shoulder Raises (4 x 15)

Crunches (4 x 15)

Leg-ups (4 x 15)

Day 3

Continuous Jumprope (5 x 3 mins)

Rest


Oh man, well there that is.

But I’m not too worried. I went through the Day 1 activities yesterday and while it was tiring and wore me out for the rest of the day so that when I got to work and work out later that evening I could hardly lift my legs it was also fairly easy...relatively. If you’ll compare my Day 1 activities with the exercise plans I’ve been doing for the last couple of weeks you’ll notice that there isn’t much of a difference save for another additional set of everything.

So there’s nothing to worry about there, it’s nothing much new or different.

Until you get to Day 2, which I will be having the pleasure and privilege to force myself through as soon as I finish writing this blog entry. As you can see above the Day 2 activities are nearly completely different and totally new. There’s a lot of familiar band work that has been modified to stimulate different sections of muscle that I have already worked out in the past but, mostly, it’s a change. I can handle it though and I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of wonderful burn I’ll be getting when I run through these. The only thing I am worried about is trying to find a chin-up bar, which are sorely lacking around my area and certainly in my house. I may have to pay a visit to my local playground since those places seem to have a plethora of hidden workout equipment just waiting to be used.

Also, I cannot wait until Sunday, Day 3. Only the jumprope? Wonderful. It’s like a shiny beacon in the distance lighting my way to relaxation and rest for my weariness.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean, I just read through all of Patrick's blogs on the PCP. And I loved it. I'm am new to all of Patrick's stuff and I have found him very motivating and I must say I think you are doing a great job. As more of an average person myself, by no means out of shape but by no means near PC, I find oyur blog motivating too. Can't wait to go back and read all your previous entries.

Sean said...

Well well, now this is what keeps me going. You say that reading Patrick's and my blog gives you motivation to do stuff that you wouldn't normally have done, well, your comment and support gives me motivation to keep it going stronger than I have before.

Thanks, man, I totally appreciate it.

Patrick said...

re: the new workout

Man Up

Sean said...

Hey, I'm not totally complaining. I've been enjoying it, really. I'm just saying, boy is that a bunch of awesome stuff to do :-)

Patrick said...

ha ha, that's more like it.

I'm just messing with you dude.

Anonymous said...

PCPers blog = motivation to readers + comments = motivation to PCPers + more blogging = Motivation etc etc etc

Sounds like an upward spiral to me huh?

Coolbeans

Your welcome Sean keep it up!