Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 23, What's the deal?

. . .

You know, if I didn’t know any better I’d say that Patrick was picking on me for some reason. Let me clear my throat because this will take a while, ahem, the exercise plan for the following week:

Jumprope,  You're also going to start timed jumping.  3 mins at a time, continuously, with a 10-15 second break, then another 3 mins.  Do this a total of 4 times.

Chest Dips 5 x 8,  Holding onto the backs of two chairs with your feet off the ground crossed behind you inhale and lower the body. The elbows are at 90 degrees and the chest tips slightly forward. Exhale and lift back up, the elbows stay stable and the feet are passive. Go slowly.

Push-ups 5 x 20,  Feet on a chair.

Open Chest Flys 5 x 20,  Put the door anchor a little above your head level.  Face the door, and open the bands out to the sides, like the Jesus statue in Rio.  Hold at maximum resistance for a second, and slowly bring the arms together.

Shoulder Flys 5 x 15,  Standing on the band, arms lifiting out to the sides as you've done before.

Forward Shoulder Raise 4 x 12,  Stand on the band, and lift the arms in front of you as if you were trying to stop a bus from running over you. Hold at the top for a second.

Biceps curl 6 x 20.

Outer Biceps curl 4 x 20,  Start with the elbows out to the sides and the fists facing forwards. Exhale and lift towards the center of your chest, so that the knuckles touch. The elbows are steady.

V-sits 5 x 20,  The body starts flat on the floor, exhale and fold the legs and torso together like a hinge, making a “V”. Your fingers should lightly touch the feet at the highest point. The back and the legs reach the floor at the same moment when lowering down.

Half Plank 4 x 30 seconds,  Lie face down on a mat. Place your elbows under the shoulders and lift up, keeping the body straight. Keep and breathe evenly for 30 seconds.  Repeat 4 times.


The upside (because there has to be with an exercise plan like this otherwise I would go crazy)? The upside is that I have to do this only every other day. Either way this is going to be a very interesting and incredibly tiring week. Luckily I have my days off to look forward to and keep me from breaking down and weeping uncontrollably on my knees begging for this project to just be over already because I can’t take it. Although, to tell the truth, I am kind of looking forward to it because with these crazy exercises it’s going to feel like I’m really getting closer to peak condition instead of playing around with my jump rope and rubber bands.

While the jumproping is tiring out my legs I am kind of missing the leg workouts, although I’m sure David and Corry would love to get rid of them. Oh well, I say, I’ve got those evil V-sits to look forward to today, so yipee skippy. The arm, shoulder, and chest workouts do seem to be doing their intended job though and looking in the mirror today have sent a rush of enthusiasm my way. I’ll have to post an awesome photo of me showing off tomorrow for all of you showing just how I’m looking.

So, I’ll sign off now since all of these extra exercises will take up a lot more of my time this morning. I hope you all have a day that’s not as tiring as mine is sure to be. Farewell.

No comments: