Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 22, A minor annoyance

So it seems that I’m going to take the ol’ bike off of the hooks in the garage, dust off the seat and frame, and go for a sunny day bicycle ride.

Several months ago, I’m not entirely sure when anymore, I sprained, or very nearly sprained, my right ankle while sparring at the karate school. I was out of commission for a while, only able to teach classes instead of participating in them. Ever since then the pain and irritation has come back intermittently, usually at the most annoying times.

Lately has been one of those times. More specifically, jumproping is when it peeks out its head and makes itself known. It’s very unwelcome and gets in the way of things especially when it lasts into the evening and makes working out at the karate school a bit of a chore. It makes the actual act of jumproping a bit of a bother as well since that repeated jumping is all ankles and calves.

So, since the jumproping is a very repetitive activity and exercise I think that I’m going to have to mix things up a bit more than I am right now. I think that would be beneficial to me even if my ankle weren’t being annoying like it is right now since any activity like this is bound to send the muscles I’m working into some desensitized unworked delirium. The muscles that I’m working can very easily get too used to the exercise and not benefit in the way that I want it to.

So I’ll do that. My bike is in dire need of fresh air and asphalt on its tires since it really has been quite a while since I’ve taken it out for a spin, and it was a birthday gift too so that’s all the more reason to set out on the local trail. I could use some vitamin D coursing its way through my body. Also, I’m sure that the Under Armour shirts I bought a while ago would look great on me now, so that is always a big plus.

One last thing, today is Thursday and you all know what that means...that’s right, a new diet plan! But don’t get your hopes up too high because not much has changed for me specifically, my daily diet remains essentially the same except that now after I eat my lunch I have to drink one spoonful of my soy protein powder mixed with water.

Wish me luck with that endeavor.

4 comments:

Corry said...

Hey Sean, that's just not fun with the ankle. Like the bike idea and hey, feels so good to get out and mix it up abit. By the way, you look great, I see changes happening now. Very cool. Know that protein powder is doing its work. Keep goin!!!

Sean said...

Ah, why thank you kindly. I've been definitely feeling the euphoric wonderfulness that comes with those changes. Of course with that straight-on shot it's difficult to see just how awesome the changes have been. Kind of like the pictures you took yesterday in your "skinny jeans". And, yeah, the protein smoothies may be doing their job but, man, are they difficult to get down, I have to throw a few strawberries into them to keep me from seeing that smoothie back on the kitchen counter.

You're doing great. Keep up the good work!

Patrick said...

You can also get a lot of flavor in your smoothie out of frozen raspberries and blackberries. Plus those in and blend, and there's the nice side effect of turning the whole thing a festive purple color.

Sean said...

I do like the sound of that and it would be nice to expand my berry tastes to something more than just the usual strawberries.