Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 25, Something of a grand day

...although not much of a grand entry (um, as in large, you know).

I’ll tell you why:

I just spent the last, um, maybe two hours typing up the first bit of a story I’m working on so my fingers are a bit tired and my mind’s a bit fried.

But that’s not the exciting part about all of this and it doesn’t have much to do with why I’m writing this particular entry for today. This last week I’ve been able to really get the diet and exercise plan down to a point where I don’t have to focus on it as much as I was doing in the first couple of weeks. I’ve been able to go through everything, aware of it all, but without much resistance from myself and without hardly any scrambling around trying to get everything done.

As I’m sure you can imagine that’s left a lot more time for me to do the things that I love to do--writing, reading, talking with friends, and the like. I’m most excited about the writing. Like I said on Tuesday I want to make my living as a writer. I also touched on Tuesday at how much things have been improving inside of myself because of this project.

Well, I’ve got one more thing to add to that growing list of things that are wonderful about a project like this, or any personal improvement project. I haven’t been able to figure out why the writing has been going so well lately until just a little while ago but I think I’ve hit upon it now--this project has turned my mind into something clear and free of a lot of the distractions that were plaguing me before I started the project. I’ve become aware just now of how much better I am able to sit down and just focus on things that are important to me.

The writing has been easy this last week because there isn’t so much bouncing around in this noggin of mine. Now, I do know that all of my writing days won’t be as easy or confidence filled as the days this past week have been but it’s an exciting thing to realize especially when it concerns something that you love doing and want to do for the rest of your life. It makes it so much easier to break through the obstacles standing in your way and come within reaching distance of your dreams.



It’s day 25! Whoo-hoo! Shouldn’t there be some sort of grand, overly extravagant party for a day like this?

And, gah, is it warm today or what? I don’t know exactly what the weather’s like with everyone else but I may just end up reaching my target weight just by sitting here and sweating it off. There is definitely something wrong with that.

No comments: