Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 7, The, um, other last meal

Per Patrick's suggestion, last night I cooked a final "pre-PCP" type meal:



Shown here in the bowl is about half of the normal amount of short grain white rice and orzo pasta that I would normally eat before I started this project. I figured I would cook that for my dinner last night because after yesterdays post it just seemed appropriate that that would be the bang that I go out on.

An interesting thing happened while eating that bowl of soy sauce covered rice and pasta, keeping in mind that I used to stomach twice that amount numerous times a week, after polishing off that bowl and settling down for the evening my stomach started to disagree with me. I had cooked it the same way I always did and it tasted just fine but, man, it did not sit well. Believe me, I was pretty surprised. Never before with a meal like that, in any size really, had I had any trouble with it in the few hours following the meal but this time I was feeling really uncomfortable with it sitting in my stomach. I don't know if it was some newly ingrained psychological block to eating a meal like that since starting the PCP or if my stomach was just not ready to take in all of those carbohydrates after a few weeks of not having them combined with a lot of exercise. It's a mystery, but I have a feeling that my stomach, scratch that, my whole body is starting to get used to and enjoying the fruits and veggies that I have been eating frequently during this last week. My stomach is really starting to dig having those kinds of food around instead of all of the junk I was feeding myself with in the recent past.

Writing that I realize just how amazing this project really is and how quickly my body is changing and adapting to this new diet (which in itself is funny to say because it's not so much adapting as it is reverting back to what it was originally supposed to be used for, it's best state of being).

Also, it is day 7 and can anyone else believe that it's been a week already? I almost didn't think it would ever come but here it is, staring me in the face, telling me to get ready because the hard stuff is coming...

The new diet plan is coming.

That's going to be interesting. I have a feeling that this weeks, and all of the following weeks diet plans, will start to mirror more of what Patrick was doing when he first started his project. If all of the powders and massive amounts of fruits and vegetables and blenders he's having us get are any clue then this coming week will be an interesting one. It's going to be exciting, though, because now we're all going to be getting into the real nitty gritty of this project and really working our way toward our heroes. We'll see how it goes and how everyone else does with it, but I for one am totally thrilled about it, I'm very excited about really burning through the extra fat mass that has collected around my body, even more so than this last week has done, and building up the awesome amounts of muscle that I'm sure is just waiting to form.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I was also bowled over by how quickly I couldn't even think of eating all the crap I did before. It was like, a total of 9 days.

Tonight I had a bite of pizza and it made my stomach ache. My body was like "What are you putting in me, this is gross!"

Things will change fast once you give them real attention.