Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 12, Noticeable changes

Three of them, right off the bat, smacked me in the face yesterday during all of my needless moping. Here they be:

First off, and most obviously, are the physical changes this project is having on me. It was bound to happen, and how could it not considering how few calories I'm taking in (which just has to be a heck of a lot less than Patrick and Chen are telling me, if Corry's diet plan averages out to be about 2000 calories with all of the extra carbs and protein she's taking then I have a hard time believing mine is 2100 calories)? According to Patrick the diet plans we're on for the first week are designed to ramp up our lazy metabolisms and turn them into super fat burning monsters so that when we start dialing the diets down even more (yes, even more than they already are, but I'm looking forward to that because that just means less food to cook everyday) the unnecessary fat mass we're carrying will just melt away and we'll really slim down. What a pleasant image. Despite that I'm already noticing lines I've never had before and I'm mysteriously attracted to the bathroom mirror more than I have been before, not that I see myself as grotesquely vain or anything, it's just something new and pretty freaking awesome.

I don't know if the second thing I've noticed has anything to do with the PCP but this started happening soon after I started the project so I'm assuming it's not just a coincidence, but it seems that my skin is clearing up and becoming better looking and more manageable. Now, I've never really had any big problems with bad skin in my past it was just always noticeable...but not anymore! I hope it doesn't turn out that I'm speaking too soon but for now it's pretty awesome. Massive amounts of vegetables don't just make us feel better and give us more energy--apparently, they have powers stronger and more mysterious than we will ever know...

And lastly, I've noticed right this very second that these daily blog entries seem to fluctuate--big entries, smaller entries, bigger entries, and on and on. They seem to want to act like wave patterns or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job. Keep with it and enjoy the metamorphosis.

Patrick said...

This is just the beginning. You'll be amazed by how malleable the human body is.