Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 13, Writer's block

Aaah! I knew it had to happen sometime I just thought I would have another couple of weeks before it did.

So, come one! Come all! I welcome you kind ladies and sirs to the greatest, most spectacular spectacle in the whole world! Known as my current worst fear. Heights? I spit in their face! Public speaking? Bah, I revel in it! Creepy-crawlies? Not my favorite thing in the world but what-heck-ever!

No, my current greatest fear is sitting down, opening up my writing journal (or, in this case, turning on my computer), taking pen in hand, and sitting wide-eyed and dumbfounded with my mind at a dead stop. I try to force the ideas, try to make them come through some force of will but that never works and I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

So that's what's plaguing me right now. So instead of spending most of my morning trying to force some kind of intellectual and philosophical entry on weight loss, muscle gain, and self-reflection I'm just going to give you all an update on how I'm doing (which, I guess is the point of this blog anyway). Things seem to be going pretty well nowadays, better than last Thursday, at least. I think I've figured out how to make the daily meals work for me in a way that is easiest for me. The exercises are still relatively difficult--the jumprope is still enjoyable but, man, those strength building exercises are annoyingly time consuming and difficult. One of the harder parts is this blog, as you can well see. Let's hope I gain some kind of inspiration by tomorrow when I sit down again to, hopefully, write something for all of you.

5 comments:

David said...

Sean, this is inspiration in and of itself.

I totally relate to you. While it can be hard to come up with something proverbial, it's not always necessary. You just spoke what was on your mind -- how you were feeling.

I agree, the strength training has been the toughest part, especially since I have virtually no upper body strength. Keep your eyes focused on your hero, Sean. Keeping my eyes on my hero has been the most motivating factor for me.

You're kicking ass, Sean! You rock!

Sean said...

And that helped a lot more than you'll know. It makes dealing with the writers block much easier to bear. I will definitely take your advice as long as you keep taking your own advice yourself...or something like that.

Thanks for the well wishing and super duper good wishes to you, too!

Patrick said...

One thing I do is keep a little notebook on me, and when something crosses my mind that would be a good blog post, I write it down. By the end of a week you'll have ten topics to draw on when nothing is coming to you.

Push on through with the strength training. New exercises coming tomorrow!

Corry said...

See and my problem is I'm so NOT computer savy that I just blab my thoughts to my hubby or friends or at times the kids (even though they haven't any idea what the hell I'm talking about). I gotta try and remember to write more when ideas come. I'm not quite in the habit of 'talking' to unknowns out there, does that ever feel weird to you guys? I have started a few bentries only to delete them wondering "who will really care to read this??". Am I the only one you feels this sometimes?

Sean said...

Yeah, that is certainly a weird phenomenon and one that I have not ever really gotten used to. Usually I just try and write entries as if I was just talking about it to a close friend or family member or, heck, even myself if I'm feeling in that mood.

If I ever doubt that people aren't interested in reading what I, or any of you guys, have to say I just take a gander over to that little hit counter on our pages and watch as they quickly slide up, up, up.

You're doing awesome. Keep up the good work!