Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 1, And so it begins...

That sounds a bit more ominous than it actually is.

But today is the first official day of the Peak Condition Project 2.0 and it's exciting. A lot of life changing events (and I do very much see this as life changing) seem to sneak up on the person that they're happening to and don't make themselves known until after they occur, sometimes well after they occur. This seems different than those other things, this is much more obvious and in your face and not only does it give it an immediate quality, it makes everything much more real and meaningful. It's so easy to be mindful of everything that you're doing if you're conscious of everything that's happening around you.

Also, it almost feels a bit anti-climactic. Like I said in my pre-project post there was so much build up to this day that my mind just went wild envisioning every little obstacle and difficulty that could possibly arise with something like the PCP. And then it gets here, and I eat my morning breakfast, and I'm going to be doing my exercises after I post this... and I'm calm about it. It's very refreshing, I must say, to realize that so far all of my worries were pretty much completely unfounded. Once you start something like this you realize:

As long as you're willing to put the time and effort into improving yourself it's not that difficult.

At least, that's the way it is for me.

Diet Plan

Easy as pie, and just as tasty! Patrick and Chen have graciously prolonged the diet plan that they began with (although being the masochist that I am I was looking forward to only eating a small bowl of vegetables and fruit with a side dish of five grains of rice) and came up with something very simple: cut out half of everything you eat. Easy-peasy...lemon-sqeezy. So I had a small bowl of cereal with some tasty Silk and an apple and you know what? That was two hours ago and I feel just as full now as when I had finished eating my breakfast.

See? Nothing to be worried about. Well, we'll see how true that is after I finish all of the training exercises. I'll go into that tomorrow.

For the record, my final big meal. I'm sure a meal of this size will soon become a thing of forgotten memory. Here it is, in all of its low resolution glory!:


Sourdough bread and salad with vinaigrette


Spaghetti with marinara

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Ha ha, yeah, in my glass ball I can see a future where you won't be seeing so many carbs on your plate. Enjoy them while you can.

Anonymous said...

Your post sort of made me laugh. Good luck, Sean!