Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 16, Hooo boy...

I don’t want to say that I didn’t expect this but, well, I didn’t expect this. Here it be, the new exercise program for your viewing pleasure:

1000 jumpropes

Elevated Pushups  8 x 15, Same as last week, legs on a chair

Shoulder Flys 4 x 10, Same as last week

Chest Flys 4 x 20, Put the band on the door anchor about eye level and stand with your back to the door.  Start with your arms open and back, and slowly bring the arms and fists together.  Hold a tic and with control open again.

Triceps Dips 6 x12, Same as last week

Biceps Curls 4 x 15, Stand on the band with your elbows by your side.  Without moving the elbows, lift the forearms.

Crunches 6 x 25, Same as last week

So, might I say, what the heck happened?! This thing just exploded into something that, might I say, begins with a “cah” and ends with a “razy”. I was totally rocking the last weeks exercise program and then BOOM! this happens out of the clear blue internet. I mean, come on! There has to be a more subtle way of telling someone that they need more muscle mass on their shoulders and chest.

:-)

Okay, I actually knew this was coming and I think anyone who knows even the slightest little bit about strength training will have seen this coming, from a mile away even. So there really should be no surprise. I do wish that we would have gotten straight into the cycling through of these strength training exercises instead of continuing with hammering the same group of muscles that I’ve spent the last week just exhausting to the point where it feels like my muscles are literally turning into some sort of jelly like substance.

But have no fear! Patrick sent along a little bit of fine print saying that we will eventually begin spending more time on other muscle groups and cycling through the different exercises, giving our muscles time to rest and heal themselves from the self-inflicted tearing asunder, instead of focusing on the same muscle groups every single day. Which is wonderful, when that day gets here, I mean. For the time being we’ll have to try and find some sort of fun in these daily exercises which will, admittedly, be difficult because, as those of you who have done something like this in the past will certainly know, working the same muscle groups day after day can get 1) tiring, really tiring and 2) boring.

I’ll have to find some way or system to make these exercises a bit more enjoyable for me the next week because boredom is a killer. Too much boredom can easily spell the end to, well, anything.

So I’ll rock this week, I will, I will. Honestly, I was beginning to enjoy it anyway--the burning sensation (that sounds worse than it actually is and if I weren’t talking about muscles then it would sound really bad), the veins bulging from my biceps and forearms, the euphoric sweatiness of it all. It makes me feel amped up and ALIVE!

Keep sending the love and you all have the best day ever!

1 comment:

Leeann said...

You can do it!!!!!!! ;) listen to some music while you exercise and it will help. I lifted weights for a couple years and listening to some heavy metal or techno helped motivate me. (I know hard to believe since I still have relatively crappy coordination.)