Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 60, One month left!

Whoo-hoo, peoples!

And I never would have thought that I would make it to this point in the project--honestly I thought that after a month or so of it then I would have called it quits because of how hard it was--but no! here I am and there Corry and David are rocking this thing, saying that it will not defeat us, that we will prevail, we will charge ahead and become something better than ourselves. And we are, and we will.

Hmm, certainly not Mel Gibson in Braveheart but that’ll do nicely I think. Whatever it takes to give me that extra boost of energy and confidence for today and the next days of the week and month.

So I’ve been continuing on my downward slump of a mood here with all of this food business and I’ve yet to really pinpoint what exactly the cause of this funk is. At first I thought it was the tedium of my daily breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that was putting me in this mood and I still think that that may be a part of the problem--I’ve been finding myself missing some of the pre-project foods every now and then (and at weird, inexplicable time, too). There’s quite a lot you can do with vegetables and a little bit of elbow grease (or olive oil...olive oil tastes better than elbow grease) and I’m certainly willing to try anything once, especially when it’s the recipes Corry’s been giving me...yum, but those strong cravings for the boxed items in the freezer section can sneak up on ya and make you think bad things.

Curse them all, I’ll say now. CURSE THEM! ...Would it be too pessimistic or cynical to make that my mantra?

But now, ah a light up ahead, I think that I’m coming out of it with the realization (now? It’s only coming now) that all of this downtrodden gloominess about all of the food is all totally mental and that I don’t have to give in to those feelings of blahness about the food. Those pesky feelings do not control me, I control them, right? Right. Said and done, period.

So it’s going to be the start of a new week. Who here is excited? I know I am, and not just because the sharp, breath-catching pain I get whenever I walk is gone. Blame that one on the judo class. Whoever thought that being thrown over someone’s hip and back and landing on, oh, a half inch of very old padding would be painful? And why do I keep going to the class if I’m complaining about it every week? Maybe it’s the impact of the falls scrambling my brains inside my head and making me think every week that it’ll be different. That could be it, or, and I think that this is the reason, I do enjoy it despite all of its agonizing pain, and if that makes me a masochist then so be it.

Also, it’ll mean that we’re one step closer to August 15th. Now I’m not necessarily counting down the days until the end of the project, I’m trying to enjoy the journey here, but I’m planning a lot of changes in my life by that day, one of them being (and I’m most excited about this one) finding a new job, because I am so overdo for that that it’s not even funny. Celebrate with me.

I wonder what wonders will be in store for all of us this coming week. Let’s go and find out.

4 comments:

David said...

You are always so inspiring, Sean. You rock! I've been really feeling that temptation too to eat things that we are not supposed to. Maybe it's b/c we know we are getting close to the end and our bodies are trying to sabotage us -- who knows.

Stay strong!

Sean said...

It's so crazy and out of the blue that I didn't know how to handle it but now that I know that I'm not sitting on this temptation island (ew, wasn't there a Fox show called that?) then things seem much easier to handle and are, in fact, nothing to be taken control over by.

Thanks for the comment. You keep up the good work as well.

Patrick said...

Hey Sean,

I got one piece of advice for you. It's time to remind yourself of why you're doing this whole thing. I'm going to lend you a hero.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3560104185536274239&q=bruce+lee+body&ei=XwV7SPaACoe-wgPD3LjFBA

The only way to get that kind of definition is the low-fat diet you're rocking right now. You're not just talking about it man, you're doing it!

Anonymous said...

Sean take a look at your change over time. Those pictures are awesome. Try to visualize what you will look like in a month and that might give you some more motivation. Afterall what is food? It's another tool to get you into PC. Don't let your feelings over it bother you You will rock it out man I know you will.