Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 54, Mighty surprising

And a little bit annoying.

Over the last few days of this weekend I’ve been doing a lot more walking around than I usually do because a friend of mine was back in town after having spent over a month away. Of course I’m not about to say that that’s a bad thing, it certainly isn’t by any means and really I should be doing more of it, but it’s not a normal thing for me (or anyone in southern California I suspect) because of all the driving that I do during the week.

So while it was nice to get some more bipedal motion and exercise going on it made abundantly clear just how my body has changed in relation to my clothes, particularly my pants and shorts. I expected this to happen as Patrick’s Day 35 (http://peakconditionproject.blogspot.com/2008/04/day-35-waistline.html) entry made it clear that awesome things would be occurring but like all things in life you never know what it’s going to be like until it’s right there staring you back in the face, making you stand up and say, “Whoa”. So I was curious to see how much exactly I’ve changed in relation to my clothes and, boyo, the results were as surprising as Patrick’s. Also, those same results have caused me to develop this annoying habit of constantly having to pull up my pants every minute or so to prevent them from slipping down to my ankles, and don’t even get me started about walking around with keys and a wallet and a phone weighing my pockets down.

Now before I started the project I wasn’t by any means overweight so these results are even more incredible.

Some pants I’ve had for years that have never slipped past my hips:



These shorts were always a little loose on me but now, wowie:



And last, some denim shorts...incredible:



So now I’m standing up for all of you to utter an enthusiastic, amazed, “Whoa”.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, whoa

that is really awesome

Sean said...

I know, isn't it? I'm totally psyched...although, I've never liked having to wear a belt. Oh well.

Patrick said...

Just give up now and buy some new frickin pants. I spent a month waddling around messing around with belts and stuff. Eventually even my belts were out of notches. I finally just gave up and bought some new clothes. Kids section, here Sean comes! Luckily it's summer, elastic waistband shorts will be your friend.

It really is amazing isn't it. What people don't understand is that had you shown them a before picture in the same jeans, they would all say, "Hey, that guys really slim!"

Anonymous said...

I used to work at a store that sells and tailors men's suits. It's funny because suit companies, and wedding dress companies, anything that requires measurements really, keep it real. What I mean is regular clothes companies lie to people. That 30 inch waist jean that fits good? Well guess what you are real 32-33 inches around. So when we had people come in to get fitted they would be so mad that they are really fatter than they thought.

So the reason I think you have to shop in the kids section is because it's just so unusual now for people to be fit the clothing companies lie to boost their egos so people buy more stuff. Crazy right?

Also I'm curious, The "standard" drop on a man is 6 inches from chest to waist, "Athletic" cut is an 8 inch drop. I would be curious to know how much a "Peak-condition" cut drop would be?

Sean said...

Elastic waistbands, hmm...

I'm definitely going to have to spend a little bit of my time looking for new clothes and all I can say about that is, uuugh.

If an "athletic" cut is 8 inches the a "PCP" cut would have to be 9-10 inches if we keep increasing in the same way, right?

Also, screw those clothing companies, tricking people like that can't be healthy for anybody. Man!

Corry said...

Holy changes Sean...unreal eh? you are a lean machine. Maybe that's what 200 frikkin v-sits can do!